Classic Cars, a yearly event that came to a halt a couple of years ago, is back and better than ever. The event is taking over Downtown Brampton this week on Friday and Saturday with a ton of things to do. If you have no interest in cars, not to worry, in addition to their classic cars parade there will be lots more going on.
Entertainment in the Square
Garden Square will be busy all weekend with tons of entertainment including live music, food demos and movies.
- Friday evening from 9-10 p.m. The David Love Band performs
- Saturday morning famous chef Jason Rosso will be doing food demos
- Saturday evening from 5-7 Grease the movie will be on in the Square
- Saturday evening from 8-11 p.m. Jeff Sommerville and The Jazz Mechanics will perform Sinatra hits
Party in the Lanes
All of Downtown Brampton’s laneways will be throwing a themed party with music, food and dancing. Laneways will be licensed and serving alcohol.
- Times Square Fiesta, a Latin American celebration, will take place in Daily Times Square
- Marley’s Lane, an ode to the Caribbean will take place in Hamsworth Lane
- British Invasion, a tribute to Britain, will take place in McArter Lane
- Mela N’ Gale, a South Asian soiree, will take place
Jazz on George St.
Part of George St. will be shut down to make way for the musical stylings of a Cuban Jazz band. Enjoy the music, some dancing and some food and drinks from the extended patios at Sul Irmaos Smokehouse and Dum Dum’s.
Extended patios & Food truck
Restaurants on George and Main will have extended patios in front of their restaurants on Saturday including Carve On Lot 5, Cantina Fellini, T By Daniel, Dolcezza, Sul Irmaos and Dum Dum’s. In addition to food and drinks by these restaurants you’ll also be able to enjoy some great eats from La Catrina, Mami’s South Asian food truck and more.
Classic Cars Parade
Classic Cars Weekend wouldn’t be complete without a parade. All of the vintage cars will make their way down Main Street at 1:30 p.m. for the parade. They’ll also be parked throughout the downtown during the day so you can check them out.