Earlier this month the region added 13 new red light cameras across Brampton and Mississauga.
Red light cameras bring millions in revenue to the Region of Peel every year. In 2016 alone 7,170 tickets were issued to the tune of $325 each.
When a car enters an intersection on a red light, cameras are triggered. Images are reviewed and the ticket is sent in the mail.
The region implemented the program at intersections to try to reduce fatal t-bone crashes, though stats have not yet indicated a reduction.
- Steeles Avenue East at Bramalea Go Station Entrance
- Airport Road at Steeles Avenue East
- Dixie Road at Queen Street East
- Queen Street East at Torbram Road
- Airport Road at Bovaird Drive/Castlemore Road
- Bovaird Drive West at Brisdale Drive/Pertosa Drive
- Steeles Avenue West at Tait Boulevard/Windmill Boulevard
- Airport Road at Queen Street East
- Airport Road at Williams Parkway East
- Derry Road at Airport Road
- Steeles Avenue East at Rutherford Road/First Gulf Boulevard
- Steeles Avenue East at Bramalea Road
- Steeles Avenue East at Resolution Drive/Home Depot Entrance
- Queen Street East at Laurelcrest Street/West Drive