March Break will kick off this year with a massive celebration of hockey. The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour comes to downtown Brampton March 10 and 11.
The weekend will be jam-packed with lots to do and quite a few notable faces including broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, as well as NHL alumni Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive and Wendel Clark, who will be signing autographs.
Garden Square will be a buzz of activity all weekend (and even on Wednesday, when the Stanley Cup will be in Garden Square). The free festival will include live entertainment, games, prize giveaways and a bunch of other awesome stuff for the whole fam. Here’s the full schedule:
Rogers Hometown Hockey Schedule Brampton
Saturday, March 10 – Festival open from noon to 6 p.m. ET
Sunday, March 11 – Festival opens at noon ET and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
- Rogers Fan Hub: Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni Darryl Sittler and Rick Vaive to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise, and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Paz, a world-renowned hockey acrobat will be performing. Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni, such as Wendel Clark. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a co-branded Dodge and Rogers Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-changing skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Ashlynne Vince performing on Saturday followed by AHI and the Skydiggers on Sunday.
The whole weekend of celebrations will culminate in an outdoor hockey viewing party. Sportsnet hosts MacLean and Slone will host a live pre-game show from the Sportsnet mobile studio that will broadcast at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW. Following that, the crowd will be able to watch the New York Islanders and the Calgary Flames face off from Garden Square.
Including Brampton, Rogers Hometown Hockey will visit 24 communities across Canada this year bringing a weekend of free and fun hockey themed festivities. Find out more about the event at www.hometownhockey.com.
Feature Image – Rogers Communications Inc