Easter weekend is fast approaching. Here’s a look at what’s open in and around Brampton on Good Friday Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
Almost everything that is closed on Good Friday is also closed on Easter Sunday:
Closed Friday and Sunday
- All major grocery stores (No Frills, Metro, Fortinos, Walmart)
- All government offices
- All transit counters
- City Hall
- Bramelea City Center Mall (and other major malls: Vaughn Mills, Square One)
- Shoppers World
- Trinity Commons
- The Beer Store
- All Community Centres (Century Gardens, Cassie Campbell etc)
- Post offices
Open Friday and Sunday:
- Movie Theatres (Silver City and Orion Gate)
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Starbucks (With modified hours varying by store, usually opening an hour late and closing an hour early)
- House of Cards Board Game Cafe (2pm-10pm)
- Some restaurants and bars, call ahead to be safe
- Henry’s Fish and Chips will be open Friday 10 a.m to 10 p.m.
Major Malls that are open:
- Pacific Mall 11 a.m to 9 p.m (both Friday and Sunday)
- Eaton Centre (Friday) 10 a.m to 6 p.m (Sunday) noon to 5 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets (Friday) 9:30 a.m to 7:00 p.m (Sunday) 11 a.m to 7 p.m.
On Easter Monday everything is open and back to regular hours except the following:
- Government offices
- Post Offices
Brampton Transit and GO Transit will operate on holiday schedules Friday and Sunday. On Saturday and Monday buses will operate as usual. All transit stores will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.