Ryerson University and the city of Brampton are collaborating together to bring a new innovation zone to the city.
The new addition will focus on developing scalable businesses as well as building and supporting high potential entrepreneurial teams.
The Ryerson Innovation Zone will:
- Provide thought leadership and access to national and international markets, as well as build a reputation of excellence
- Support growth of new businesses and nurture innovation in existing industries
- Support the Brampton 2040 Vision through building a City of Opportunities
- Attract and Develop local talent
- Build and develop a network of influencers in all aspects of business, academia, and government through participating partners
“This is an exciting moment for Brampton and our continuing partnership with Ryerson University. This Innovation Zone takes us one step closer to a fully developed Innovation Ecosystem, which supports entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey,” said Mayor Patrick Brown.
The centre is set to open in early 2020 and will be a new addition to Brampton’s Innovation District, which includes Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst, Brampton Entrepreneur Centre and the Ryerson-Brampton Innovation Zone.
“The Ryerson Innovation Zone in Brampton will help foster ideas and connect entrepreneurs with various organizations in the region, while equipping them with the critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to succeed and thrive in the modern economy,” said Mohamed Lachemi, President and Vice-Chancellor, Ryerson University.
For more information see the City of Brampton’s announcement here.