Brampton Library recently announced that residents can place new holds for curbside pickup at the following branches: Chinguacousy (located in the Civic Centre), Cyril Clark, Four Corners, Springdale and South West. Before this the libraries were only offering curbside pickup for holds placed before the library’s closure due to COVID-19.
“Through the diligent work of our staff, we are pleased to expand curbside pickup to include new holds requests, including books and DVDs, for our customers. Above all, we wish to thank residents for their patience at this challenging time. The safety of our staff and customers is of utmost importance,” said John Simone, Brampton Library’s Interim CEO.
Here’s how it all works:
- With their library card, customers can place holds on our website for physical materials and select from one of our designated Curbside Pickup locations
- Customers will receive an email or voicemail notification when their items are available
- Holds must be picked up in 7 days. If unclaimed, they will be returned to inventory
- Curbside Pickup is available on a first-come, first-served basis on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- For items placed on hold before our closure, Gore Meadows holds are available for pickup at Chinguacousy Branch Library, Mount Pleasant Village holds are available for pickup at South West Branch Library and South Fletcher’s holds are available for pickup at Four Corners Branch Library.
While all Brampton Library Branches remain closed to the public until further notice, curbside pickup is available at the indicated locations and returns are accepted 24/7 through the exterior dropboxes at all eight branches.
Learn more at bramptonlibrary.ca.