According to a 2019 Liveability Index sponsored by RE/MAX, out of all the cities in the province of Ontario, Brampton has been ranked as one of the most liveable cities in Canada. On a scale from highest to lowest in terms of liveability factors, Brampton ranked high in several categories.
Categories Brampton ranked high in:
- Availability of work/access to employment opportunities
- Availability of public transport
- Access to green spaces and parks
- Availability of big and small retail stores
- Economic Development
- Population Growth
- Easy access to bike lanes/walking path
Brampton ranked medium in only 4 categories:
- Number of top rated/preferred schools
- Housing supply
- Housing affordability
- Access to healthcare facilities
It might come as a surprise to some that Brampton didn’t rank low in any category as compared to some of the other cities on the index. Looks like things are looking up for B-Town yet again.
To see the full 2019 Liveability Index, click here.