Open or Closed? Municipal services in Brampton and Peel during Holidays
December 21, 2022
City of Brampton offices, including City Hall, will be closed to the public from Friday, December 23, 2022 at 12 pm until Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 8:30 am.
Residents can call 311 or 905.874.2000 (if outside of Brampton), use the Brampton 311 app (available on App Store or Google Play), visit www.311brampton.ca or email email@example.com for any inquiries or service requests.
Brampton Transit will be operating Holiday Service schedules from December 25 to January 8. Reduced Weekday service will be in effect with School Special Services, Secondary School extra trips and Route 199 cancelled. Regular service resumes on Monday, January 9, 2023.
Brampton Transit will operate the following schedules during the holiday season:
• Sunday, December 25, 2022: Sunday/Holiday service
• Monday, December 26, 2022: Saturday service
• Tuesday, December 27, 2022: Reduced Weekday service
• Wednesday, December 28, 2022: Reduced Weekday service
• Thursday, December 29, 2022: Reduced Weekday service
• Friday, December 30, 2022: Reduced Weekday service
• Saturday, December 31, 2022: Saturday service with extended New Years Eve service and ride free after 7pm
• Sunday, January 1, 2023: Sunday/Holiday service
• Monday, January 2, 2023: Sunday/Holiday service
• Tuesday, January 3, 2023: Reduced Weekday service
• Wednesday, January 4, 2023: Reduced Weekday service
• Thursday, January 5, 2023: Reduced Weekday service
• Friday, January 6, 2023: Reduced Weekday service
• Saturday, January 7, 2023: Saturday service
• Sunday, January 8, 2023: Sunday service
The Transit Service Centres and Contact Centre will be closed on Sunday, December 25, 2022 and Sunday, January 1, 2023.
Ride free on Brampton Transit this New Year’s Eve after 7 pm with extended service offered.
Brampton Recreation Centre holiday hours of operation can be viewed at www.brampton.ca/holidayhours. For more information on recreation programs and services, visit www.brampton.ca/recreation.
Select Outdoor skating rinks will be open throughout the holiday season, weather and ice conditions permitting. Outdoor skating rink hours of operation and full details can be found at www.brampton.ca/outdoorskating.
Mount Chinguacousy is our city’s destination for Skiing, Snowboarding and Tubing located at Chinguacousy Park. Mount Chinguacousy is scheduled to open on December 27, weather and snow conditions permitting. For all information, including hours of operation, open or closed status, and registration details, visit www.brampton.ca/MountChinguacousy.
Explore www.brampton.ca/winterwonderland for more outdoor winter fun opportunities and ongoing amenity status updates!
Winter Program Registration
Registration for Brampton Recreation’s winter sessional programs begins December 12 at 6 am for residents of Brampton. Programs are available to view online at www.brampton.ca/registerforprograms beginning December 5. Winter registered programs begin the week of January 9, 2023.
All Brampton Library branches will be closed:
• Saturday, December 24, 2022
• Sunday, December 25, 2022
• Monday, December 26, 2022
• Sunday, December 31, 2022
• Monday, January 1, 2023
Region of Peel offices and some non-emergency services will be closed for the holidays from Monday, December 26, 2022, to Monday, January 2, 2023.
The following non-emergency services are closed and will reopen on January 3, 2023:
- Access Peel Counters
- Early Years and Child Care Services
- Dental Services Contact Centre
- Ontario Works in Peel
- Peel Living Office
The following non-emergency services are closed from December 24 to 27, 2022, and December 31, 2022, to January 2, 2023, but will remain open from December 28 to 30, 2022 and reopen for regular service on January 3, 2023:
- Family Health Call Centre
- Healthy Sexuality Clinic
COVID-19 vaccine clinics and routine school immunization clinics will be closed from December 25 to 28 and on January 1, 2023. Clinics will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on December 23, 24*, 29, 30 and 31* and will resume regular hours of operations on January 2, 2023.
*There will be no walk-ins past 1 p.m. on December 24 and 31.
To check for available clinics and to book your appointment, visit: COVID-19 vaccine or routine school immunization.
All trips for December 25, 26, and 27 must be booked by 6 p.m. on December 24. All trips for January 1 and 2 must be booked by 6 p.m. on December 31.
On December 25 (Christmas Day), December 26 (Boxing Day) and January 1 (New Year’s Day):
- TransHelp will operate from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Subscription trips will be cancelled, except for dialysis trips
Between December 25 and January 2, the TransHelp office will be closed and unable to process applications, payments or feedback.
On December 24 and 31:
- the contact centre will close at 10 p.m.
- the latest pick up for passengers who require bus only transportation will be 8:30 p.m. Taxi vendors will continue to provide transportation after 8:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-791-1015.
Waste collection Brampton
There will be no waste collection on December 26, 2022 and January 2, 2023. Waste will be collected one day later those weeks (Dec 27-30, 2022 and Jan 3-6, 2023). Check your collection calendar to find your pickup day or sign up to receive free waste collection reminders.