The Peel District School Board has released a statement through the Peel Public Health Organization regarding the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. While there haven’t been any reports of anyone contracting the virus in the Region of Peel as of this writing, Peel Public Health wants to ensure the safety of each and every resident in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon.
- If you’ve travelled from China, you should monitor for symptoms of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) for 14 days after leaving China and contact Peel Public Health for information at 905-799-7700 (Caledon residents should call 905-584-2216).
- If you’re feeling well, you do not need to contact public health.
- Whether you’re feeling sick or not, if you’ve travelled to Hubei province in the last 14 days:
- Stay at home and limit your contact with others for 14 days from the date that you left Hubei.
- Contact Peel Public Health within 24 hours of arriving in Canada at 905-799-7700 (or 905-584-2216 if you live in Caledon)
- If you are experiencing severe symptoms, please seek medical attention by calling 911. Let them know of your symptoms and recent travel history in order to take the right precautions and prevent infection.
For more information, please read this statement from the Region of Peel.
Of course even if you haven’t been in any of the hotbed areas for COVID-19, you can still take smart precautions by thoroughly and frequently washing your hands, using hand sanitizer, and not going out while sick.