The Rose Theatre in downtown Brampton has launched its 2019-2020 season.
The official first day was May 15 however the Rose opened its doors to the community for a launch celebration on May 23.
Doors opened at 6:30 p.m. and Brampton’s self-professed cultural connoisseurs (okay fine, maybe I’m the only one professing) were met by a knowledgeable team of volunteers and staff. Delicious food and drinks were on hand and attendees received the season calendar of scheduled programs.
At 8 p.m. the show began with lively performances from some of the stars of the upcoming season. The JUNO nominated band The Trews set things off and were followed by Brampton’s own Lydia Persaud. The box office was open and attendees also had the opportunity to renew or purchase subscriptions.
What’s happening this season
The Rose has expanded its membership program to include more deals and discounts on culture, dining, and entertainment. You can become a member by subscribing to 3, 4, or 5 shows, and get access to the best deals in town.
The new guest presentation program helps to support independent producers.
The successful This Is Brampton Series, curated by Soundrive, B-Jazzed, and Brampton’s Very Own will continue in Studio II
The 2019/2020 season is filled with local and world-renowned performers, and a mix of musical performances, dance, comedy, and family productions.
• Coming this summer the Sharon and Bram Farewell Tour will make its way to Brampton. Their final performance EVER will happen right here in Brampton on July 21, 2019.
• Sloan, the JUNO Award-winning Canadian power-pop rock band will perform on October 10, 2019.
• Howie Mandel, the multi-Emmy Award-winning comedian is set for November 2, 2019.
• Romeo & Juliet re-imagined from Calgary’s Decidedly Jazz Danceworks is happening on November 18, 2019.
• Sesame Street Live! C is for Celebration will be here on November 19, 2019
With the eclectic mix of performances from emerging artists, national legends and international stars lined up, there really is something for everyone.