There are new guidelines for garbage collection in the Region of Peel until further notice:
- Collection of bulky items is suspended
- Up to 2 garbage bags will be collected
- No Garbage tags necessary. Tag sales are suspended
As of April 20:
- You can put up to 2 extra garbage bags out on your garbage collection day
- You don’t need garbage tags
Excess garbage must be put in a plastic bag. They can also be taken to your local Community Recycling Centre. As of April 15, acceptable items can be dropped off for free until further notice. To confirm what constitutes “acceptable items” read the recycling centre info here.
Each bag must be:
- No larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- No smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
- No more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Closed or tied at the top.
Again, garbage tag sales are suspended until further notice.