Here’s what will be open and what will be closed on Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25, and Boxing Day, Thursday, December 26 in Brampton.
- City Hall, and Government offices on all levels
- All major malls, including Bramalea City Centre, and Shopper’s World (open Boxing Day)
- All major grocery and superstores, including Walmart, Metro, and Longo’s (some will be open Boxing Day, call ahead)
- All power centres, including Trinity Commons
- Community Centres
- LCBO, Beer Stores and Wine Rack (some will be open Boxing Day, call ahead)
- No mail delivery
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- Some convenience stores, like your corner convenience
- Some Shoppers Drug Marts
- Most smaller grocery stores, like Rabba
- Movie theatres
- Though many Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian restaurants will be open, it’s advisable to call ahead before making the trip
- If you’re looking for a shopping mall outside of Brampton, Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East in Markham) will be open on Christmas and Boxing Day.
- Brampton Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- GO Transit buses and trains will operate on a Sunday schedule
Many of these locations may have shorter hours on Christmas Eve, December 24 as well. As always, if you are ever unsure about anything during the holidays, call ahead to confirm.