With the recent COVID-19 situation, here is what’s open and closed in Brampton as of March 19, 2020:
- Grocery stores
- Brampton Transit (but keep an eye on their Twitter for up-to-the-minute updates)
- Fire and Emergency services, Traffic Services, By-Law Enforcement, Road Operations, Security Services, Animal Services, and POA Courts will operate as normal
- Restaurants are only open for takeout, but many are closed. Call ahead.
- Bramalea City Centre (with reduced hours and no food court seating to comply with the takeout-only mandate, and with no guest services)
- Shoppers World (with no food court seating to comply with the takeout-only mandate, reduced guest services such as no stroller rental)
- All city facilities including City Hall
- Recreation and Community Centres
- Brampton Library branches
- The Rose Theatre and other Performing Arts venues
- Most Region of Peel offices (call ahead if unsure)
- Peel Art Gallery Museum + Archives
- March Break Camps
- Movie theatres
- Brampton Community Recycling Centre
- Chapters/Indigo Book Stores
- Beaux Arts Gallery
Let us know anything we’ve missed in the comments.
Are you worried you have COVID-19 or that you might be at risk? Take this self-assessment from the government of Ontario here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/.
Read about the new Peel Memorial COVID-19 assessment centre, including symptoms and criteria for using it, here.
For further information on COVID-19, visit www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus.
To see current City of Brampton updates and FAQs on services and facility and programming closures, please visit www.brampton.ca/covid19.